Monday, October 26, 2009

Chapter 4 - The Man in Me: Becoming Jacob - The Animal Within

I ran, a flurry of copper fur darting in and out of the trees, hopping over fallen branches, trampling in watery troughs through the woods with which I felt so akin. Everything around me whirred past my body at a lightning pace, creating a hyperdrive warp vacuum that sucked me in drew me to the place I had known so well.

My paws involuntarily slowed to a walk once I came to the place I'd been so many times I could find it without thinking.

Toleak Point.

I gazed my dark eyes over the steep cliffs, sitting on the edge, just inches away from the ledge. Crazy enough, with my face to the wind, being here had always made me feel like I was flying, like I was the only person in the world.

Being human was so hard.

Staying human? Even harder.

Angry. Depressed. Heartbroken. Being emotional while in human form was like contracting a muscle. It burned after a while.

Letting the sweet allure of phasing engulf me was like releasing that muscle after holding it tight for so long. Release. Relief.

I didn't have to try to phase; I had to force myself not to. READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment

About AB+L

music enthusiast, burgeoning fic writer, lover of indian food, art and random oddities. jacob stan, fanfic-natic, shapeshifter enthusiast, obsessed with all things twi.


Find Me:

AB+L at FanFiction.net

AB+L at Twilighted

AB+L on Twitter

AB+L the Banner Designer