Monday, October 26, 2009

Chapter 3 - The Man in Me: Becoming Jacob - Coming of Age

I spent a good part of the next couple of hours standing alone on the edge of the forest outside my apartment, finalizing my decision. Through all of the discussion, I knew that in the end I could live with the decision, as long as I stayed true to myself first.

Unfortunately, I realized there would be no real sleep tonight, and I really didn't want to wake Ness just to keep me company through my insomnia. I needed a distraction, and luckily, I realized I could catch up with Quil and Leah who were running patrols east of Forks, not too far from my house.

"Black.," Leah acknowledged my addition to our pack mind.

"Clearwater," I said.

"Jake, what's up? I thought you were taking it easy this week? You know, celebrating," Quil said, hopping over an overturned log.

"I was. Couldn't sleep. Figured you guys might need a third," I explained.

"Things are pretty quiet around here to be honest," Leah said.

"Yeah, can't say I'm not happy about that though," Quil agreed.

We trotted around the 20-mile perimeter for the next hour, coming to our rendezvous clearing, half a mile from James Island, where Seth, Sam, Paul, Jared, Embry, Colin and Brady had already begun gathering. READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment

About AB+L

music enthusiast, burgeoning fic writer, lover of indian food, art and random oddities. jacob stan, fanfic-natic, shapeshifter enthusiast, obsessed with all things twi.


Find Me:

AB+L at FanFiction.net

AB+L at Twilighted

AB+L on Twitter

AB+L the Banner Designer